Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!



Look how cute MY Easter Lily is! This outfit, borrowed from Eloise Kubinza, is still a little big on Lily, but I couldn't resist dressing her in it for the cute bunny mittens! Eloise was another preemie that was in the NICU in December and a neighbor of my friends. When Cheri Stein made dinner for us last week, she asked Jodi (Eloise's mom) to stop by. She did with LOTS of clothes to borrow! Ellie was born at only 3 lbs 15 oz, so some of her clothes are already too small for Lily (as of last night she was back to her birth weight of 4 lbs 13 oz). It was good talking to Jodi about her experience - thanks Cheri for the introduction and dinner, thanks Jodi and Ellie for the loaner clothes!



Amy Forester has also lent some clothes from Nora to Lily and Jamie Moore has been great sharing her NICU experiences. And many friends have brought other gifts and food. Kyle and I appreciate all the love! It's overwhelming (in a good way!). Thank you, thank you, thank you. There are many who deserve individual shout outs - this blog post could go on forever with names and reasons. But I hope to personally thank all of you soon with REAL thank yous!! Via the mail - not just a someecard (even though, let's admit it, those things are pretty darn funny).


5 comments:

  1. So Cute! I am here if you need anything at anytime! I am so thankful she is doing better everyday and will be home soon. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is looking like Nicole :) Sorry Kyle.....
    Love you guys and thanks for the GREAT report!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog & didn't realize I could post a comment until just now!!!!....I've been out here every couple days. Just adorable - I'm so happy to hear all the positives. Hang in there and know we love/are thinking of you all.

    Jamie & Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri sent me a link to your blog. I am glad to hear that Lily is doing so well. Your pictures bring back many memories for me of the NICU. We will continue to pray for Lily and that she can come home soon. If you need anything or just want to talk my email is jkubizna@msn.com or call me at 262-7298. Take care. Jodi Kubizna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lily's little bunny mittens. But also, I love your bangs! Cute!

    ReplyDelete