Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Fun

I don't know about you, but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Maybe it's because I love the fall or maybe it is because I love candy and dressing up in costume. I watched the "Ladies of SNL" this week, and I swear I missed my calling...but I digress.

Halloween week started out with a bang on Wednesday with our annual pumpkin carving with the Louters. It's our 4th year! Kyle decided not to carve a pumpkin this year and to just hold Lily - Michelle called dibs on that next year. Looks like it might just be Jer and I next year. Can you tell which pumpkin is mine? I'll give you a hint - it has our last name carved in. (inspiration taken from the Lafler pumpkin on their mantel!)

I think Jeremy was declared the winner...this year.

Lily knew to keep looking at her daddy. Looks like the Louters are looking at me!
Thursday night was the Haunted Halls of Plante Moran. Here is my cute little monkey on our way there and at the dinner with Kyle. It was a very fun event, and the room that I helped to decorate won first place! We didn't do Halloween, but went with a princess theme. Luckily there were about 5 princesses who voted for us!!





Then on Sunday Grammie and Grandpa came up for a visit. Lily wore her Mommy's Little Pumpkin outfit and tried hard to crawl towards the bowl with the hand!



We went out to lunch/brunch at the Electric Cheetah (not a strip club - actually a really good restaurant). Lily did NOT want to stay seated in her car seat and is a little too small yet for a high chair. So that means someone has to hold her instead of eating. Or maybe in addition to eating. When she fell asleep in Grammie's arms, Grandpa fed Grammie and even held up her drink for her so that they wouldn't disturb sleeping beauty. Spoiled already!









We made it home in time for Lily to have dinner, a nap, and then a costume change. Here she is with our next door neighbor's nephew - both monkeys!


We actually only walked over to two houses with her - both right next to ours - but I think I still get to say we trick or treated. Then we had to do a photo shoot with her in her costume. I think she found it funny that the 4 of us (Kyle, my mom and dad, and I) were all crowded around her with cameras and trying to make her smile. Notice the banana that we gave her for a prop! She wasn't all that interested.




The only bad thing about this Halloween is that I didn't dress up. I am already starting to think of what we should be next year - oh yeah - I am totally going to make Lily do something with me. That's totally why I had a kid.








1 comment:

  1. Love the Meade pumpkin-- it turned out AWESOME!!! Reminds me of your wedding :)

    What a cute little monkey!!! Next year the trick or treating is on!!! Thanks for sharing all your Halloween festivities!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete